Plant pot

Plant pot

Finally, the time has come. The days are getting longer, the sunbeams warmer. Spring has arrived and the garden season begins. However, only a few plants are sown directly into the open field.



Renewable resource:

Participating companies:
Evolutio UG

Use of renewable raw materials instead of petroleum-based plastics

in the market

Pflanztopf aus Hanf

Growing plants without plastics

Most plants are grown on the window sill or in the greenhouse before they are allowed outdoors, and more and more plants are also being fertilized on terraces, balconies and window sills. We carry dozens of the black or brown plastic pots from the garden centres home. Then they pile up in the cellar or shed, all the little pots in which we once bought young plants, and at some point, they inevitably end up in the trash. There are already alternatives made from bio-fibres. However, these still have to be stabilized with a plastic adhesive.

Residue-free compostable

The plant pot "Hanfi" created by the Upper Franconian company Evolutio looks like plastic but does not use any plastics at all. It consists to 98% of the renewable raw material hemp, the remaining 2% are minerals. The fibres of the stem of the hemp plant are processed. They are pressed together with the minerals into pellets, which are then mechanically processed into pots.

The plant pots are 100% biodegradable, so the young plant can remain in the pot when repotting. After about eight weeks the composting process starts, and the first holes and cracks appear in the pot. Little by little, the pot composts in the soil until, depending on the soil conditions, it rots without residue after approximately 18 - 24 months. If "Hanfi" is not planted, it can be used like any other flower pot without composting.

Market readiness

The plant pot made of hemp is not only suitable for private garden lovers but also for commercial nurseries. The "Hanfis" are available in the online shop at "".